Friday, January 6, 2017

Feliz Año Nuevo

Queridos Amigos,

Okay, I would like to appologize in advance. This email is going to be short.

Today has been all sorts of crazy and it´s only 1:30pm.....

We had personal study and then companionship study and then we headed to the cybernet café to email all of you wonderful folks. Guess what.... it was closed! Have no fear, Hermana Chaffin is not so easily discouraged. Yes, there is only one option in this small town for computers, but I rubbed a few brain cells together and called the Branch President to use the computers in the chapel. He answered right away and said come on over. Sweet! Problem solved right? False.

We arrive at his house and he´s not home.... But, some friendly construction men are and we talk about missionary work with them while we wait for presidente to return. After 20 minutes he arrives. At last we receive the key and head to the church. Unfortunately, there must be oposición in ALL things in this life.

We get to the chapel and unlock the 6 locks to the computer and discover that two of the outlets aren´t working.... So, after jiggling cords, stretching extention cords to their max and several very heartfelt prayers we connected the computer to another outlet-only to discover that the internet wasn´t connected. At this point I was laughing hysterically at our situation and my companion was giving me concerned looks....

So, if you received this email today please now that I suffered a lot to send this to you. I hope that it made you smile and I hope that you forgive me for not being as frequent in my emails. Things happen (see example above)

This week was amazing. We had many lessons with many investigators. I love this área with all of my heart. It is amazing. Hermana Chappell is the greatest and we are having a blast sharing the góspel with others.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2016 and that 2017 is even better. I probably won´t see most of you until 2018, but through cords stretched across church hallways and keyboards across the world we can keep in contact. I hope you all see this year as an opportunity to strive a little harder to reach your true potential. Set goals and make plans to achieve them. You can do anything you set your mind to. The wise Dr. Seuss said, "You have brains in your head,you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose"

Lots of love,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment