Sunday, June 11, 2017

Oh Esta Todo Bien

Queridos Amigos,

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I can´t believe that it has already come and gone. The time is passing so quickly.


This week was amazing! I learned so much!

Last Monday my companion received some bad news about her dad. He needs a risky surgery and her mom wasn´t very hopeful in the email. My companion began to sob in the internet cafe. I was trying to console her the best that I could and just held her while she cried.

This week was really rough for her. She tried to be positive and focus on the work, but it was really hard for her.

Tuesday we had district meeting, and we were able to talk to the zone leaders and they were able to comfort her and help her feel better. They did little acts of kindness throughout the week that brought smiles to her face and I could see her burden begin to be lighter. In the end, many in our zone got involved sending scriptures or words of encouragement.

It was truly incredible to see everyone working together to brighten someone´s day. I love Hermana Santos so much. She´s funny, spunky, and super sweet. I was able to come to love her even more as I served her this week and tried to lighten her burden.

The little acts of kindness that you all do really make a difference. A simple smile, a text, or a Facebook message can make all the difference in someone´s day. Please make that difference. Don´t ask them what you can do to help, just do something. Tell a joke, bring them cookies, or tell them you love them. We are here to lighten the burdens of those around us. I promise that as you seek to help others that you will find that your burden is made light as well.


Thank you all for your love and support!

Con amor,

Hermana Chaffin

"A goal is nothing more than a dream with a due date"
-Joseph Fielding McConkie

"Your faith will perform miracles, especially when you get your hands and feet involved"

-Spencer W. Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment