Monday, November 13, 2017

Libro de la Vida

Queridos amigos,

Another amazing week in the Lord's vineyard! We were in Burzaco with Hermana Hernandez and Hermana Rotela. We learned a lot from them and had a bunch of fun experiences with them. From combing their hair for lice and eating a bunch of icecream, the week was complete. We found a few new investigators, one of which is named Sven and is from Switzerland! What a crazy world!


I started my mission planning to write a story, but ended up writing a different one. There's no rough draft and there's no sequel. There've been adventures and moments of fear. Sometimes it seemed like the characters just couldn't catch a break. Some chapters were short and others seemed like they would never end.

As I've written the story day by day, I've come to realize that I started out with the wrong story in mind. I thought that I was the hero coming to save the day. But I'm not the hero. I'm the awkward sidekick trying not to mess everything up. The hero of this story is Jesus Christ. He is the protagonist of this story. He is the author of salvation. I just try to be a good pencil in His hands so that He can accomplish His plans here.


Every page has been worth it. Every tear shed, every rainy day, every heartfelt prayer has been worth it. Every moment of suffering and of joy has been worth it because it has brought me a little closer to Him. I've come to know Him better because I've tried to BE like Him.

Every book has a purpose, some lesson to teach. I've learned many lessons from this wonderful story that I'm a part of. I'm getting to the last few pages and I'm coming to better understand what my Heavenly Father wants me to learn.

Thank you all for being a part of this story. You've all played a role in shaping me into the person that I am.

I hope that Jesus Christ is the protagonist in the story of each one of you. And if not, it's not to late to start a new chapter.

con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment