Thursday, June 23, 2016

I love Thursdays!

Dear friends and families,

How is everything going? Everyone seems to be busy! Today has been crazy! This Tuesday all of the missionaries (except for the americans that arrived with me) left for their missions, and the CCM was empty. It was soooo nice having it to ourselves. Today the new "shipment" arrived. It is super funny to see how confused everyone is 😀 . I cannot believe that I was ever like that. So much has happened these past 3 weeks. I cannot believe that I am halfway through my time here at the CCM.

Buenos Aires Temple
I never fully appreciated Sundays until I came here. I have been in dire need of a day of rest. Our days here are so spiritual, but Sundays seem to be especially motivating spritually. Also, it is really nice that we get cake every Sunday. Haha.... I love the food.
My companions and I the third time we visited the temple

Proselyting on Saturday was AMAZING!!! We had such a great time. Even with our small vocabulary of spanish, my companions and I were able to share a lot of messages. We ended up giving away two Book of Mormons, several pamphlets, and all of our pass along cards. I have no fear when it comes to talking to people, but I am sure that the more I get rejected the more that will change. The gospel is real people! Jesus is the Christ!
My district at the CCM

On Sunday, President and Hermana Benton were visiting the Buenos Aires West Mission for a new stake that was being created, so Elder Hazelgren and I were in charge. Two of President Bentons counselors were here, but we conducted everything. Because of that, I had the opportunity to teach the Relief Society lesson. It was sooo great! I learned so much while I prepared, and I loved every minute of it. It was on the Atonement, and everyone should read Bruce R. McConkie's (YAY I JUST FOUND THE APOSTROPHE KEY!) talk called The Purifying Power of Gethsemane.

My companions and I have been playing volley-ball with the sisters from the other district this week. It has been a blast! I have actually been getting in a lot of spikes! Who knew?

That's it for now. Lots of love,

Hermana Chaffin

"You can live the impossible dream, or you can live an excuse. It's all up to you" -Paul Kane


p.s. Everyone should read Alma 16! It's my favorite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment