Thursday, June 9, 2016

Primera Semana

This week has been the longest but best week of my life (so far, I am sure that I will say that again).

My flights to Argentina were great and I made it here safely. The first thing I saw when I made it to the airport here in Buenos Aires was a poster of Simon Baker for some cologne. That made my day honestly.

The MTC here is called the CCM (Centro de Capacitacion Misional). My group of "norte americanos" is the third group of Americans to ever come to the CCM, so that is really cool.

I am in a trio because we have an odd number of sisters. Hermana Warnock is from Salt Lake, UT and Hermana Wunderli is  from Alpine, UT. They are both wonderful girls and I love them to death. My district is amazing and we have a great time together. There are 6 Elders and 3 Hermanas in our district. I am the sister training leader for our district (sister equivilant of district leader) and I conduct my first district meeting later today :)

My other two roommates are great. Hermana Muñoz is from Buenos Aires and Hermana De La O is from El Salvador. We were able to have our first real conversation with them two days ago. It was amazing how much we could talk about Lord of the Rings :)

All of the Latinos think it is really cold here (50 degrees) but this Montana girl thinks it is great.

I am not able to send pictures on this computer, so when I am out in the field I will send all that I have taken so far. 

That is all I have time for, so I will email all of you next week!

Con Amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment