Sunday, October 9, 2016

Holy Guacamole!




Queridos amigos,

¿Cómo le va? I hope that you are all doing great. This week was crazy. We had so much stuff to do that when today rolled around I couldn´t believe that a week had already passed.

Monday we had a district activity in my area. In our district we have missionaries from Idaho, Arizona, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia, Utah, Brazil and yours truly.  We made "completos" which are basically hot dogs on steroids. You start with a bun, smother it in ketchup (and mayo and mustard if you desire), place the hotdog and then the fun begins. Elder Bautista (from Mexico) and Hermana Walker (from Arizona) made guacamole (which up until this point I´d never tried) while I cut tomatoes, cilantro, and onions. Sister Villavicencio (from Chile) made mini fries. We topped our hotdogs with all of these amazing toppings, and my life was changed. I can´t believe it took me nearly 20 years of my life to eat guacamole! It is fantastic! Y´all need to try it. After eating til we could burst, we played ping pong and pool.

Monday evening, we taught a lesson to two new investigators named Elsa and Juan Carlos. They are an elderly couple that liked our message, and asked us to teach them more. We have an appointment with them tomorrow.

Tuesday we had our district meeting, after which, I had my last exchange with Hermana Menezes. We had a blast and talked with lots of people. We even had a lesson together!



Wednesday exchanges ended and in the evening we had english class. It´s so fun to watch people improve in the language. So many people want to learn english, and I´m glad I have the opportunity to help them.

Thursday we had zone conference, which was great. We got to hear from our leaders and from President Calquín and his wife.

Friday we planned for this coming week and knocked a lot of doors.

Saturday we were invited to a baptism in another ward. The girl being baptized asked all the missionaries in this area to sing at her baptism. It turned out really well, and the spirit was so strong.

Sunday we had church. Yay! I seriously love Sundays! They are the best! It´s so wonderful to spiritually recharge for the week. The sunday school teacher didn´t show up, so somehow I got picked to teach the lesson (I always get asked to substitute teach and yet I have the least amount of time in the mission and the least amount of spanish). It turned out really well, and I learned a lot. Later that night we had a ward activity that the other sister missionaries were in charge of. It turned out really well and everyone had a good time.



I´ve learned a lot this past week. I´ve had a lot of difficulties spiritually, emotionally, and physically these past 11 weeks. I´ve yet to have a normal week, but each one is better than the last. This week is the last week of the transfer, and I don´t know where I´ll be, but I know that I´ll be where the Lord needs me.

These week we´ve talked to a lot of people about prophets because this Saturday and Sunday we will have the opportunity to hear from a living prophet. I want each of you to ask yourselves "If I could talk to the prophet what would I ask him?". Then, write down your questions. I promise that if you listen to general conference with this/these question/s in mind, you will receive an answer. God still talks to His children through prophets. He will answer your questions. I promise that there will be something for you each to learn from these talks.

I love you all and want the best for each and every one of you. Thank you for your support and your prayers.

Besos,

Hermana Chaffin

"But I way unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you." Matthew 5:44

"A kindness put off until tomorrow becomes only a bitter regret" -Anonymous


"Heaven is the consciousness of having made the world a better place to live in " -Elaine L. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment