Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Hotdog Boutique

Queridos amigos,

I can´t believe another week has come and gone! I hope that it was wonderful for everyone.


First, to explain the email heading. Here in Argentina, they have interesting names for restaurants and stores. For example, "The Hotdog Boutique", and my personal favorite, "Your Majesty the Cow". So, if you´re thinking about opening a restaurant anytime soon, I´m sure these aren´t taken in the states and you should take advantage of such creativity.


Our zone activity last Monday was fantastic! I had a blast, and ate a lot of good food. The best part was getting to hang out with other missionaries and hear about their experiences. It´s so wonderful to be surronded by such great people. I can only imagine what they are going to do with their futures. During the activity, I had several sisters tell me that I look like Hannah Montana..... hopefully they are comparing me to Miley Cyrus pre-wrecking ball 😊 Haha


Tuedsay, my companion and I along with the Elders in our ward taught an english class. It went really well, and we had a pretty good turn out for the first class. We are going to start doing this every Tuesday, and I´m excited to see how it turns out. 

This Thursday, we invited the wife of the mission president to go tracting with us. It was so fun to share our testimonies with the people of Argentina and have her joining us. She is soooooo sweet and loves missionary work. She is like a mother to all of the missionaries, and gives the best hugs.

My companion and I get asked a lot by members and other missionaries how we are doing, and "bien" just doesn´t seem to cut it, so when we get asked, "¿comó está?" we respond with the spanish version of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, which is SUPERHIPERARCHIMEGAFABULOFANTASTICO. Try saying that 5 times fast 😊

I love you all and hope that you are doing well. Keep smiling!

Haz lo justo,

Hermana Chaffin

"Temptations and worries are a bit like the birds of the air. You can´t prevent them from flying around your head, but you can keep them from making a nest in your hair" -Martin Luther

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city" Proverbs 16:32

No comments:

Post a Comment