Sunday, October 15, 2017

Amo Argentina

Queridos Amigos,

This week was abosolutely amazing! I learned so much and really saw a personal growth in myself, my companion, and the other sisters.

We went to Adrogue this week and I had the blessing of being with Hermana Hernandez (from Mexico) after 9 months of not seeing her. She is my best friend in the mission and I had a blast working hard with her.

This week I was reflecting a lot on what my mission has meant to me and how it has shaped my life. Sunday morning we passed by an investigators house to accompany her to church. She ended up being sick and couldn´t come. As we walked to the church, I had a moment to reflect on these past 14 months. I was filled with so much love for Argentina as I walked through the mud, looking at the leaves on the trees. It´s a love that I can´t express with words.

I love this country and it will always have a special place in my heart. It´s not perfect and it´s not paradise, but I love it. I love it because it has completely changed my life. My time here has brought me closer to my Savior and to my Father in Heaven.

I wouldn´t trade these past 14 months for anything. I can´t wait to see what these next 4 bring. I know that they´ll be great.

I love this work.

Con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment