Sunday, October 15, 2017

Barro, pizza, y helado

Queridos Amigos,

This week was absolutely spectacular!

I had the lovely opportunity to be in Burzaco with my bestfriend in the mission, Hermana Hernandez. She's been there with me every step of the way and I was so glad to have the chance to work with her this week. We worked our hearts out and had a blast doing it.


We had some very spiritual lessons this week and I loved to see the lives of others changing. Many people here don't have a very good life. They have humble homes and work hard to just get by. Their houses flood when it rains and mud fills their homes and streets. Single mothers raise their families and give their last pot of rice to their sick neighbor. It is a privilege to be able to sit down on a wobbly chair with a dog nipping my ankle and bow my head and offer a prayer asking God to bless the lives of the humble people who allowed me to enter their home. It is in these moments when I most strongly feel my Father's love for His children. It is when they read the Book of Mormon for the first time and say, "Chicas, this is the truth!"

I love walking 20 blocks in nasty mud while I sing church hymns with my companion. I love feeling the rain on my face and smiling at all the people I pass.


I'm never going to have another chance to do all the crazy things I do day after day.

I've met the most amazing people, and they're not amazing for the sport they play or the car they drive. They are amazing for their hearts and spirits. They are amazing because they are children of God and He sent me here to visit them.

This life is such a beautiful gift and we have a gorgeous world to live in. I hope that you all take a moment this week to see the many blessings you have.

This week marks the start of a new transfer and a new companion! My new companion is Hermana Rivarola from Cordoba, Argentina. I continue as a traveling sister with all the adventures that implies.

Thank you all for your love and support,

Con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment