Sunday, October 15, 2017

Otro día glorioso

Queridos Amigos,

This week was absolutely amazing! We were in Adrogue this week with Hermana Ochoa and her new companion, Hermana Callister. It was a great experience because Hermana Callister just started her mission. She's only been here for 3 weeks! It was great to hear her talk about the crazy things that we do here. For me, they've all become the norm, but I remember when they seemed strange to me too.


She talked about giving kisses to people on the cheek and clapping our hands outside instead of knocking on the door.

She asked to see pictures of me when I started the mission and she said, "Wow, you changed a lot! Why do we change?! I don't want to change!"

Little does she know, but that change is the most beautiful thing. I love seeing my companions change and I especially love seeing the changes in people that come to know the gospel. That change is repentance in action. I wouldn't trade anything for the change that I've seen in myself. I think and act differently now. I still like the same books and the same music. I'm still me, but I'm not at the same time.

That's one of the reasons that the mission is the best thing ever. We change. We change to become more like Christ. We learn to forget ourselves and serve others. I hope that you can all see changes in your lives thanks to Jesus Christ and his sacrifice.

I love you all so much!

con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment