Sunday, October 15, 2017

Banfield 2

Queridos Amigos,

This week was absolutely amazing! I had the wonderful opportunity to return to my first area, Banfield 2. It was great to walk the same streets that I walked a year ago. Not much had changed. The same old potholes and the same man selling churros in the train station. But, there were some changes and they were the most incredible changes of my mission.

Monday we had an activity in the church with all the recent converts, and Oscar was there! I couldn't believe how he's changed. He was answering all the questions and laughing and having a good time. He shared his thoughts and feelings and helped those that were new. He looked so happy and I was filled with joy when I saw his happiness.


I don't know what I expected the mission to be, but it was't this. I thought that it would be hard work, but easy to love. I thought that it would be full of success and that missionaries are always happy. The mission is full of disappointments, failures, tears and exhaustion. But, every once in a while you experience moments of PURE JOY and it makes it all worthwhile. I wouldn't trade any minute of suffering or pain that I've had while on the mission. I wouldn't trade the moments of hunger or the homesickness. It's all shaped me into the woman that I am today. Those little moments of pure joy are amazing and they are pure. They usually aren't even moments of our own joy. Pure joy comes from seeing others accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and let it change their lives. That's what it's all about.

Oscar probably knows more than me. He gets it. He studies the scriptures everyday and is always helping his neighbors and the members in the church. He understands what he promised when he was baptized and he entends to keep that promise. I'm just a simple girl from Montana trying to do the Lord's work here in Argentina. I'm not always happy and sometimes it's hard to work everyday. But, I go out and I give my best because that's what God's children deserve. It's not about me, it's about Jesus Christ. It's about coming unto Him and allowing Him to change your weaknesses into strengths.


I've come to know my Savior much more in my mission and I will strive everyday to live up to His expectations of me.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week,

con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment