Sunday, October 15, 2017

Oscar the Baptist


Queridos Amigos,

This week was absolutely amazing! I wish I had enough time to write about every funny moment and every miracle of the week.

We had zone conference this week and one of the assistants did something special this time. He'd gone and interviewed some recent converts and learned about their story and filmed it.

He started out by first showing a picture of them at their baptism and asked the missionaries who knew the people to share the story of each person. Then, he showed a video of the new members explaining why they got baptized. He ended each interview with a question. He asked, "if you had the missionaries that taught you right here in front of you, what would you say?"

Almost always the people shared their gratitud and many teared up. One of the last videos that he shared was of Oscar. He asked me to share how I found Oscar and the story of his baptism. After I finished talking, he showed Oscar's interview and I started balling. It was so incredible to see how much that man has changed. He's a completely new person and he's changed my life.

Oscar goes to the same church building as the assistant, and apparently the ward has given Oscar the nickname of "Oscar the Baptist" because he's baptized 6 people! Haha the whole ward knows that Oscar loves the gospel and wants to be an example of Christ.

My whole mission is worth it just for the chance that I had to meet Oscar and play a small part in his conversion.

I invite all of you who are members to remember your own baptism and ponder how it has changed your life.

I love you all so much!

con amor,


Hermana Chaffin

No comments:

Post a Comment